Video Visitation Program
Frequently Asked Questions
As the DOC implements enhancements to mitigate COVID-19, a new video visitation program is being offered temporarily. For complete details about how to participate and how to schedule a video visit,
read the Video Visitation Visitors Guide.
Video visitation is a free service being offered to inmates and authorized visitors while visitation is suspended at the facilities in response to COVID-19 precautions. All inmates are eligible to participate. The visiting rules for Video Visitation are generally the same as those for visiting in the facility.
Visitors who have been restricted from visiting any institution may not participate in this program. If any inappropriate conduct occurs on the behalf of the inmate or the visitor the visit shall be terminated. For individuals who want to visit with an inmate at the SCI Phoenix FTU, please note there is a separate email address to use rather than the regular Phoenix address.
Video Visits Process
- First, go to Zoom and set up an account. You also can download the Zoom Cloud Meetings app to your smart device.
- Carefully read our Video Visitation Guide. Find the email address for the prison where the inmate you want to visit is housed.
- Find the visiting days/times for the prison where your inmate is housed. You will need to know the visiting information to request your visiting four-hour time window.
- Create a new email addressed to the video visitation email address where the inmate is housed. In the email body, provide the information required and then send the email to the appropriate email address.
- Please do NOT call the prison. Processing requests takes time. You WILL receive an email which will contain a link to the visit along with pertinent information to connect.
- When the date/time for your video visit comes, log into Zoom and provide the meeting identification number and IP address.